Saturday, December 29, 2012

Not forgotten

Hi Blog-o-sphere! (Really? Who even says that?)

Once again, I think I'm going to change the main theme of this blog.  I have so many social sites, it's not even funny.... 2 Facebook (my personal one and my cosplay one), Twitter, Tumblr, Pintrest, Instagram, LinkedIn, DeviantArt, etcetc accounts.  I also have a LiveJournal, Fanfiction.net, and Myspace accounts, but I rarely update them anymore.

Anyways, I'm going to be focusing on my crochet and other crafting conquests.  I think it'll be fun to show what I have done.  I'll be leaving my writing on my Tumblr account though.  Also, I think I need to work on my blogging skills, so I'll probably be updating this more regularly.

My current crafting projects include:
- Finishing Christmas presents
- The remainder of the Hakuouki dolls
- A hat and scarf set
- Fate series inspired dolls

The Hakuouki dolls are an inspiration towards an Otome game released stateside last year. The series is based off the storyline of the historically famous Japanese group, the Shinsengumi.  It does have a fictional spin off of it, but that's for another entry.  Anyways, my friend, De, is writing her own spin off of the story where each of the guys gets a girl.  Each of the girls is an inspiration from some of her friends (including yours truly).  So, as a tribute (and because I'm insane like that), I've been making dolls to resemble each of the guys for each friend.  I also want to make a little doll resembling each girl to pair up with the guy dolls.  So far, that hasn't happened yet.

For Katsucon, De, myself, and a couple of the other girls from the fic are cosplaying our characters.  Since De's and my dolls are done, we were going to bring them along.  But, to be fair, I'm going to be making the dolls (without clothes - because they take the longest to make) for the other two girls so they have something to carry.  However, I'll have to take the dolls back after Katsu to make their clothes... ^_^;

I'm insane....

Anyways, here are the three I've made so far:
(left to right: Hijikata Toshizo, Yamanami Keisuke, Okita Souji)

These little darlings have taken me a total of almost 6 months to make, and I'm not even a quarter of the way through the whole group.

I have crocheted several scarves, a hat, a santa doll, and an owl doll for the holidays.  I'm currently working on a rather large project for another friend of mine, and another one for her boyfriend (who's like a brother to me).  When I get those done and given out, I'll post all of my Christmas conquests on here. ^_^

After those are done... I'm going to work on a hat and scarf set for myself...

Ear Candy: Whenever Wherever - Shakira

No comments:

Post a Comment